201 KAR 21:025. Board; officers, duties, and compensation.
RELATES TO: KRS 312.019, 312.055
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 312.019
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 312.055 requires the election of certain officers by the board. KRS 312.019(6) authorizes the board to employ personnel and incur expenses necessary for the performance of its duties. This administrative regulation establishes the duties of the officers, field personnel, and administrative staff, establishes the terms and procedure for election of officers, and establishes compensation.
Section 1. The officers of the board shall perform the duties established in this section.
(1) The president shall be the chief executive of the board. The president shall preside over all meetings of the board.
(2) The vice president shall perform the duties of the president during the president's absence or inability to serve. The vice president shall perform other reasonable duties delegated to him by the president or by the board.
(3) The executive secretary shall, if necessary or upon the discretion of the board, perform the following duties:
(a) Record and present the minutes of a meeting to the board at the next scheduled meeting;
(b) Oversee the administrative functions of the board; and
(c) Perform other reasonable duties delegated to the secretary or executive secretary by the president or the board.
Section 2. The board may employ a field coordinator as a part of the regular staff of the board. The field coordinator shall be paid a salary as the board may determine.
(1) The field coordinator may be a member of the board, except that the president or executive secretary, as referenced in KRS 312.055(1), shall not serve as field coordinator.
(2) The field coordinator shall:
(a) Investigate complaints against licensees referred to him by the board for investigation and report his findings to the board;
(b) Not vote on any matter relative to formal or informal complaints against any licensee if:
1. Any of the charges were investigated by him in the capacity of field coordinator; and
2. The field coordinator is a board member; and
(c) Perform other reasonable duties as are delegated to him by the president or by the board.
(3)(a) If the field coordinator is a member of the board, following his appointment as field coordinator, he shall serve until the conclusion of his term of appointment as a member of the board.
(b) A member who has been appointed to the position of field coordinator, who is reappointed to the board following the expiration of his original term, shall continue in the position of field coordinator until a successor is appointed, and accepts and assumes the duties of the position.
(c) A person appointed as field coordinator may be reappointed by the board to the position.
(4) The administrative staff shall assist the board in the performance of its duties and shall:
(a) Keep an accurate and up-to-date file of all licensees of the board, including:
1. Addresses and telephone numbers;
2. Status as to whether or not they are in active practice or are inactive;
3. Whether a licensee is in practice in this state or out of it;
4. Attendance at educational programs;
5. All fees paid by licensees; and
6. Providing to the board, at least once each year, the names of licensees who are delinquent in the payment of fees or attendance of educational programs;
(b) Transmit notices for renewal of licenses as provided by KRS 312.175(2);
(c) Transmit notices of special meetings of the board; and
(d) Attend to the correspondence and communications of the board.
Section 3. A member elected as president, vice president, secretary, or executive secretary shall serve in office for one (1) year. An officer may be reelected by the board. Officer elections shall take place at the last meeting of the calendar year and shall take effect the first meeting of the following calendar year.
Section 4. Salary and Per Diem Compensation. (1) The executive secretary, if elected, shall receive a salary of $1,100 per month.
(2) Board members shall receive $100 per day for each day of actual service to the board. (6 Ky.R. 164; eff. 10-3-1979; Am. 16 Ky.R. 1612; eff. 4-12-1990; 32 Ky.R. 1728; 33 Ky.R. 1071; eff. 10-18-2006; 43 Ky.R. 766, 1169; eff. 2-3-2017.)