201 KAR 29:015. Fees.
RELATES TO: KRS 164.772, 314A.110, 314A.112, 314A.215, 314A.220
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 314A.205, 314A.220
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 314A.205(3) requires the board to promulgate administrative regulations to carry out the provisions of KRS Chapter 314A. KRS 314A.205(6) and 314A.220(2) require the board to establish appropriate and reasonable fees for mandatory certification and to periodically review and modify those fees. This administrative regulation establishes all fees charged by the board.
Section 1. Application and Certification Fees Schedule. (1) The application and certification fee for mandatory certification shall be $150.
(2) The application and certification fee for temporary mandatory certification shall be $102.
(3) The application and certification fee for limited mandatory certification shall be sixty (60) dollars.
Section 2. Renewal Fees and Penalties. A person holding a mandatory certificate shall not practice in this state after January 30 of the year in which the certificate is to be renewed unless the certification has been renewed as established by KRS 314A.220 and 201 KAR Chapter 29 and payment of the established renewal fee has been made.
(1) All mandatory certificates not renewed by January 30 shall be deemed expired.
(2) A person holding an expired mandatory certificate shall not engage in the practice of respiratory care.
(3) The fees established in this subsection shall be paid in connection with mandatory certification renewals.
(a) The renewal fee for mandatory certification shall be ninety (90) dollars.
(b) The reinstatement fee for mandatory certification after January 30 shall be $180.
(c) The renewal fee for inactive mandatory certification shall be thirty (30) dollars.
(4) Temporary mandatory certificates and limited mandatory certificates shall not be renewed.
Section 3. Reinstatement and Reactivation. (1) A certificate holder wishing to reactivate an inactive certificate shall submit:
(a) A completed Application for Reactivation; and
(b) The ninety (90) dollar reactivation fee.
(2) A certificate holder wishing to reinstate an expired certificate shall submit:
(a) A completed Application for Reinstatement; and
(b) The $180 reinstatement fee.
Section 4. All fees shall be nonrefundable.
Section 5. Incorporation by Reference. (1) The following material is incorporated by reference:
(a) "Application for Reactivation", February 2016; and
(b) "Application for Reinstatement", February 2016.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Board of Respiratory Care, Southcreek Park, 2365 Harrodsburg Road, B350, Lexington, Kentucky 40504-3335, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST. (19 Ky.R. 1244; eff. 12-16-1992; Am. 32 Ky.R. 2327; 33 Ky.R. 385; eff. 9-1-2006; 42 Ky.R. 2628; 43 Ky.R. 198; eff. 8-17-2016.)