201 KAR 39:030. Application; qualifications for licensure; and certification levels.
RELATES TO: KRS 309.304(1), 309.312(1)(b)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 309.304(3), 309.312(1)(b)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 309.304(3) and 309.312(1)(b) require the Kentucky Board of Interpreters for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing to promulgate an administrative regulation establishing the requirements for an applicant for licensure as an interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing. This administrative regulation establishes these requirements.
Section 1. Application. Each applicant for a license shall:
(1) Submit a completed Application for Licensure form to the board;
(2) Pay the application and license fee as set forth in 201 KAR 39:040; and
(3) Submit proof of valid certification from one (1) of the following nationally recognized organizations:
(a) At a level recognized by RID, with the exception of NAD III;
(b) At EIPA level 4.0 and passage of the EIPA written;
(d) BEI Advanced or better achieved within three (3) years of application; or
(e) Other certifications as described in 201 KAR 39:080, if applying for licensure via reciprocity.
Section 2. Appeal of Denial of an Application for Licensure. (1) If an Application for Licensure is denied, the applicant shall have the right to appeal that preliminary determination.
(2) An appeal shall be:
(a) Submitted to the board in writing by certified mail; and
(b) Received by the board within thirty (30) days after the date the applicant receives the notice of preliminary denial by certified mail or by email message delivered to the addresses stated on the Application for Licensure.
(3) The appeal of a preliminary denial of an Application for Licensure shall be held in accordance with the provisions of KRS Chapter 13B.
Section 3. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Application for Licensure", December 2016, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Department of Professional Licensing, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (28 Ky.R. 1258; Am. 1606; eff. 1-14-2002; 38 Ky.R. 1641; 1845; eff. 6-1-2012; 39 Ky.R. 1759; 2012; eff. 5-3-2013; 42 Ky.R. 844; eff. 12-4-2015; 44 Ky.R.498; eff. 8-4-2017.)