RELATES TO: KRS 309.331
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 309.331(1), 309.335
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 309.331(1) requires the board to promulgate administrative regulations for the administration and enforcement of KRS 309.325 to 309.339. KRS 309.335(1)(b)1. requires the board to promulgate administrative regulations specifying requirements for the board-approved course in diabetes education. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements and procedures for the board-approved course in diabetes education.
Section 1. The American Association of Diabetes Educators Core Concepts Course shall constitute a board-approved course in diabetes education.
Section 2. A person may petition the board to approve another course in diabetes education that is substantially equivalent to the American Association of Diabetes Educators Core Concepts Course by submitting to the board a completed Application for KBLDE Board Approved Course, Form DE-07. The application form shall be accompanied by:
(1) A thorough course description;
(2) A statement of the learning objectives;
(3) A statement of the target audience;
(4) The content focus of the course;
(5) A detailed agenda for the activity;
(6) The number of contact hours requested;
(7) The qualifications required for presenters; and
(8) A sample of the certificate of completion awarded to successful attendees.
Section 3. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Application for KBLDE Board Approved Course", Form DE-07, 08/2014 is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky Board of Licensed Diabetes Educators, 911 Leawood Drive, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (41 Ky.R. 213; Am. 449; eff. 10-3-2014.)