RELATES TO: KRS 311B.050, 311B.100(2), 311B.120, 311B.180, 311B.190
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 311B.010, 311B.050, 311B.100(2)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 311B.050 requires the Board of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy to promulgate administrative regulations to administer and enforce KRS Chapter 311B and to regulate the licensure of medical imaging technologists, advanced imaging professionals, radiographers, nuclear medicine technologists, and radiation therapists other than a licensed practitioner of the healing arts. KRS 311B.100(2) requires the board to establish licensure qualifications. This administrative regulation establishes procedures for the temporary licensure of medical imaging technologists, advanced imaging professionals, and radiation therapists who are eligible to apply for the appropriate national board exam.
Section 1. Application for Temporary License. An applicant shall submit:
(1) Completed and signed Temporary License Application-Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy, Form KBMIRT 3;
(2) Non-refundable temporary application and license fee as established by 201 KAR 46:020, Section 3;
(3) Results of criminal background check completed within the past six (6) months in state of residence and employment and any other state of residence and employment within the past five (5) years;
(4) Copy of a government issued photo ID; and
(5) Verification of successful completion of a program in radiography, nuclear medicine technology, or radiation therapy, that has achieved and maintained programmatic accreditation recognized by the board as described in 201 KAR 46:030.
Section 2. Upon certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB), a temporary license shall be converted to a regular license upon submission of:
(1) Completed and signed updated Temporary License Application-Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy, Form KBMIRT 3; and
(2) Documentation of the ARRT or the NMTCB certification.
Section 3. If a temporary licensee has not submitted documentation of the ARRT or the NMTCB certification during the twelve (12) month period, the license shall not be renewed; and the individual shall follow the procedure for initial license application pursuant to 201 KAR 46:040 and pay the initial application and license fee mandated in 201 KAR 46:020.
Section 4. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Temporary License Application-Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy", Form KBMIRT 3, 3/2015, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Board of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy, 125 Holmes Street, Suite 320, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (41 Ky.R. 2449; 42 Ky.R. 347; 1495; eff. 11-18-2015; TAm eff. 11-30-2017.)