600 KAR 6:020. Transportation Cabinet employee responsibilities in the implementation of KRS 45A.800 to 45A.835.
RELATES TO: KRS Chapter 11A, KRS 45A.800-45A.835
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS Chapter 11A, KRS 45A.800-45A.835
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: This administrative regulation sets forth the responsibility of the Transportation Cabinet employees when establishing the need for, negotiation of, or contracting for professional engineering or related services or implementing the provisions of KRS 45A.800 to 45A.835.
Section 1. Transportation Cabinet Employee Responsibilities. All cabinet personnel engaged in the procurement of engineering or related services or the implementation of the provisions of KRS 45A.800 to 45A.835 shall comply with the following:
(1) Consider the interests of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and the cabinet first when contracting for professional services;
(2) Request and accept assistance from other cabinet and state personnel as required without allowing it to impair the dignity and responsibility of the employee's position;
(3) Seek to obtain the maximum value for each dollar spent for professional services;
(4) Strive for honesty and truth in contracting;
(5) Denounce all forms of bribery or favors;
(6) Invite all firms to submit their qualifications for consideration by the cabinet;
(7) Assist other cabinet personnel in the contracting for professional services as necessary; and
(8) Comply with both the letter and the spirit of KRS 45A.340 and to the Cabinet's Official Order Number 94902 regarding conflict of interest. This official order is incorporated by reference in 600 KAR 6:060. (22 Ky.R. 1405; Am. 1840; eff. 4-5-96.)