807 KAR 5:070. Filing requirements and standards for commission approval of water district commissioner training programs.
RELATES TO: KRS 74.020(6), (7)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 74.020(6), (7)(b), (c), (d)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 74.020(6) provides that each water district commissioner may receive an annual salary of not more than $6,000 to be paid out of the water district management fund if he completes during an educational year a minimum of six (6) instructional hours of water district management training approved by the commission. KRS 74.020(7)(b) provides that the commission shall be responsible for the regulation of all water district management training programs for commissioners of water districts, combined water, gas, or sewer districts, or water commissions. KRS 74.020(7)(c) requires the commission to establish standards and procedures to evaluate, accredit, and approve water district management training programs. KRS 74.020(7)(d) provides that the commission may promulgate administrative regulations in accordance with the provisions of KRS Chapter 13A to implement KRS 74.020. This administrative regulation establishes filing requirements and standards for commission approval of water district commissioner training programs.
Section 1. Filing Requirements. To apply for approval of a proposed water district commissioner training program, an applicant shall file with the commission an original and five (5) copies of the following documents and information concerning the program for which approval is sought:
(1) The name and address of the applicant;
(2) The name and sponsor of the program and the subject matter covered by the program;
(3) A summary of the content of the program in detail sufficient to describe how the program will enhance the management, operation, and maintenance of water treatment and distribution systems;
(4) The number of credit hours requested for the program;
(5) The name and relevant qualifications and credentials of each instructor presenting the program;
(6) A copy of written materials given to water commissioners attending the program; and
(7) If the program has been certified by an organization that provides training to persons associated with the water industry, the name of the certifying organization and a statement that the certification remains valid.
Section 2. Subject Matter. Program hours consisting of one (1) or more of the following areas of instruction shall be approved as to subject matter:
(1) Federal and state law regarding safety standards for drinking water;
(2) Management techniques;
(3) Accounting standards and treatment of costs;
(4) Financing principles;
(5) Rate design;
(6) Water technology and system facilities;
(7) Ethics; and
(8) Other areas of instruction related to, and calculated to enhance the quality of, the management, operation, and maintenance of a water system.
Section 3. Expiration and Renewal. Approval of a program shall automatically expire twelve (12) months after commission approval has been issued, except that an applicant may request that approval be renewed for an additional twelve (12) month period by submitting the following:
(1) A copy of the initial application with a copy of the commission order approving;
(2) Updates, if any, to the application, with supporting documentation, if necessary. (25 Ky.R. 2245; eff. 5-19-99.)